Every child develops at his/her own pace making it tough to select the right size shoes.
To assist, Rileyroos has provided tools and tips to help.
If you know your child’s foot sie, use our chart below. It is important to note, sizing varies from brand to brand, so please be sure to put your child’s foot on our downloadable sizing chart to be certain the length is right. All shoes are a normal width.
|Sole Length(centimeters)||Sole Length(inches)|
|0-3 Months||1.5 – 2||16-17||9.5 cm||3.75 in|
|3 – 6 Months||2 -3||18||10.8 cm||4.25 in|
|6 – 12 Months||3.5 – 4.5||19||12.07 cm||4.75 in|
|12 – 18 Months||5 – 6||20-21||13.34 cm||5.25 in|
|18 – 24 Months||6.5 – 7||22||14.61 cm||5.75 in|
Measure the Child’s Foot to Ensure the Best Fit
Tips & Suggestions
- To make sure shoes fit correctly, measure both feet each time you buy a pair of shoes or every two to three months, whichever comes first. Little feet grow very quickly during the toddler years.
- Make sure the child is standing with feet about shoulder-width apart when you measure their feet.
- Measure the child’s feet with socks, if they will wear socks with the shoes on a normal basis.
- The child should be able to wiggle their toes and have at least a 1/4 inch gap between the tallest toe and end of the shoe. This is important when measuring a child’s foot, a 1/4″ should be added to the measurement of the foot for proper growth and development.
- We recommend use of our sizing chart prior to purchase, and place the child’s foot on the sizing chart. Should you purchase the incorrect size, please review our exchange/return policy for processing times and shipping fees in our Customer Service section.
- Several of our on-line retailers offer free returns and free exchanges for your shopping convenience and to assist with on-line purchase of footwear when sizing is uncertain. To find a list of on-line retailers, visit our Store Locator.